Start the New Year on the right foot and step towards a healthier and happier you!
The YMCA offers a wide range of classes and equipment for you to work out in a fun, energetic group setting—and with like-minded people eager to support and encourage you.
Popular Group FITNESS classes for the new year
From dancing to strength training to cycle to yoga – our 50+ group exercise classes range from high-intensity to low-impact — and as part of our commitment to battling youth obesity, are offered to children 8 and older.
- Expand and relax both body and mind through increased awareness of your breath and movement with yoga. The combinations of balance and stretching will tone your body while reducing stress. Classes ranging from basic yoga to energetic are available throughout the week.
- Utilizing various combinations of punches, Boxmaster participants experience a boxing-style course that caters to all types of fitness levels. Cardio, coordination, stamina, agility: nearly all aspects of conditioning are represented in this interval training format.
- Several exercise classes at the YMCA of Bristol feature different elements of dance. From the hip-hop inspired to components of ballet, low-impact slow rhythms to high-energy cardio, there’s something for all musical preferences and experience levels.
- Looking for a low- to no-impact workout? Hop in the pool! Utilizing water resistance, instructors lead groups through aerobics, core strengthening, and muscle conditioning. And there’s always an open lane for swimming laps.
- It could be the intense swinging of Battle Ropes, or the smooth repetition of common everyday body movements, but functional fitness classes will help you achieve an intense full-body workout through various exercise models.
Top-notch fitness equipment for a new you
To assist in making you comfortable, our staff provides personal orientation to all the exercise equipment – and if you’d like, they will help develop your customized workout plan.
- Our Matrix cardio equipment includes ellipticals, cycles and treadmills. A wide range of customizable features makes these machines accessible to all fitness levels, from beginner to advanced.
- Adaptive motion trainers from Precor are easy to use cardio and strength equipment, featuring adjustable stride heights and lengths for personalization.
- Standing and sitting ellipticals from Octane boast zero-impact training, with varied speeds from walking to running.
- Strengthen muscles and improve cardiovascular health in our Nautilus area. Stations include upright bikes, treadmills and ellipticals.
- Burn calories and strengthen your legs with Keiser’s stationary cycle bikes. Equipped with adjustable speed and resistance levels, you control the intensity.
ACT NOW ON THAT HEALTHY NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION!
- Become a Y member.
- Surround yourself with wellness minded people!
From physical and mental health to camaraderie and a sense of purpose, the YMCA of Bristol will help you reach your fitness and lifestyle goals.