Tis the season of give, give, give. And usually in this holiday season that ends up being ALL of our time, energy, and resources.
In this season of giving, it’s important for us to allow ourselves time to recharge and be filled back up.
Have you ever heard the thought you can only serve others from the overflow of your own cup? And if your cup is empty, the people you are loving or serving are not getting the best version of you. Instead, they’re getting the tired, worn out, stressed out, broke version.
Often during the holidays, we use what’s inside our cup for pouring out on others and we end up exhausted, short-tempered, and ready for the holidays to be over already! Sigh.
Instead, would you rather get to the end of the holiday season with energy, extra time, and resources? You can do so by taking just a little time for you periodically each week (or even better, every day). This will allow you to be refilled, which in turn will help you think clearer and make better decisions with your time and resources. Win, win!
Some ideas are:
- Take 5 minutes each day to breathe and sit quietly
- Choose one activity each week that you enjoy and relaxes you (think massage, hot bath, or snuggling with warm sheets out of the dryer…)
- Allow yourself the privilege of going to bed a little bit early
- Get some exercise in a few times each week (or every day)
- Call a friend and just enjoy chatting
Stay tuned for more healthy holiday ideas next week!
If you have questions or just want to chat about healthy holiday swaps please email [email protected]