Group Youth Swim LessonsThe YMCA Swim Lesson program teaches children to be safe and have fun around the water. We create an environment where all can come together to learn, grow and thrive. Whether it's gaining the confidence that comes from learning to swim or building the positive relationships that lead to good sportsmanship; participating in swimming at the Y is about building the whole child.
Dates: October 22 - November 14, 2019
Ages: 6mo – 12 years old
Time: 5:30 PM, 6:05 PM, & 6:40 based on age group.
Days of the Week: Tuesday/Thursday
- Y Members: $35
- Potential-Members: $70 Financial Assistance is available but limited
We are also now offering Private & Semi–Private "Buddy" Swim Lessons. These will provide participants with individual instruction from one of our swim lesson instructors. Private Lessons can give focused and specific instruction at an individual's own pace. Instructors encourage participants to practice skills learned through our program to help improve swimming ability and strength in the water. Participants must be 3+ years old. We teach youth, teens, adults and seniors.
- Y Members:
- Private: 4 lessons $80, 8 lessons $150
- Buddy Lessons (per person): 4 lessons $60, 8 lessons $110
- Private: 4 lessons $160, 8 lessons $300
- Buddy Lessons (per person): 4 lessons $120, 8 lessons $230
E [email protected] P (423)-968-3133
Private Swim LessonsSwimming is an excellent alternative to cardio machines, and it is a great form of all-around exercise, ideal for any age or fitness level. Swimming is also a relaxing, low-pressure exercise that can improve mood, relieve stress, and help you unwind. Many swimmers describe feeling more relaxed after they get into the groove of swimming as a part of their regular exercise routine. Here are some other compelling benefits of swimming:
- Alternating different swim strokes helps to work a large variety of muscle groups.
- Water can support up to 90% of the body's weight, making it an ideal form of exercise for people with injuries, chronic pain, or disabilities.
- Unlike running and strength training, swimming is exercise you can do almost every day without risk of injury.
- An hour of swimming can burn as many as 500 calories.
- Swimming is a great way to increase flexibility and range of motion.